Foreign License Conversion
Driving training for conversion from foreign license to Japanese license is available.
Trainee drivers can practice with a car of the same model as the one used in the driving test. After completing the basic practice on the circuit for practice, trainee drivers can also practice on the circuit for the driving test.
Trainee drivers can practice driving in compliance with the Japanese Road Traffic Act to pass the driving test, such as turning left and right at intersections, changing routes and driving on narrow roads (S-shaped curve, crank road).
Trainee drivers can practice with their own interpreter if they are not good at communicating in Japanese. (Please note the Testing Center does not provide an interpreter service, so the trainee drivers will have to hire an interpreter on their own.)
|For standard-sized car|
|Circuit for practice(weekday, 1st and 3rd Saturday, Sunday and holiday)||7,800 yen||Circuit for the driving test(2nd and 4th Saturday)||8,800 yen|
- The above costs include consumption tax.
- 1 period is 50 minutes.
- Practice on the circuit for the driving test is possible after completing the basic practice on the circuit for practice.
Free cancellation or change of the practice reservation is possible up to 2 business days before the practice day (Telephone and counter service is available from 8 am to 5 pm); in other cases, the following cancellation or change fee will be charged:
-Cancellation or change of the practice reservation 1 business day before the practice day: 50% of the training cost
-Cancellation of the practice reservation on the day of the practice day: 100% of the training cost
- Practice on the circuit for the driving test is available only on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month.
(Practice on the circuit for the driving test requires completion of basic practice on the circuit for practice)
- Practice in the 9th period is not available from mid-September to February of the following year.
- Practice in the 9th period is not available on Saturday, Sunday and holiday.
- The Testing Center may be closed on Saturday, Sunday and public holiday depending on the situation. For details, please contact the Testing Center by phone.
All trainings require advance reservation.
[Things to be careful of before taking driving training]
- ・Please wear clothes and shoes that are comfortable to drive.
- ・On the first day of training, please come 5-10 minutes early to create a training card.
- ・No credit card is accepted.
- How many times (periods) a day can I practice driving?
- Considering the effect of the practice and the tiredness of the trainee driver, we recommend up to twice a day.
Note: Some trainee drivers from a long distance who want short-term training practice 3 times a day with breaks.
- Is ATM available?
- ATM is not available at the Testing Center, and there is no convenience store around it.
- Can I pay the training cost with electronic money or credit card?
- Only cash payment is accepted.
- Is a car and bicycle parking lot available?
- Yes, there is a car and bicycle parking lot for visitors on the premises of the Testing Center.
For more information on license conversion, please see the link below.